Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sentimental Sunday - 01/10/10


I am new to blogging so please bear with me as I learn!
When I read the title of today's blog I had a nice memory come that I wanted to share. My Aunt Dee Dee (Viola Pearl TUCKER) always gave us cookies from the cookie jar at Grandma and Grandpa's (Parrish Elmer TUCKER and Juretta Bell STEPHENS) house here in Champaign, IL. Aunt Dee Dee was born with a cleft palate so when she spoke she was kind of hard to understand. After Grandma and Grandpa died she went to live with her sister (Viletha TUCKER). Aunt Dee Dee eventually ended up in Russell Springs, KY living with her brother "Slim" Virgil Delmar TUCKER. I used to paint ceramics and I had the opportunity to buy a cookie jar that looked just like the one Grandma and Grandpa had that Aunt Dee Dee used to give me cookies out of and I didn't buy it but now always wish I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment