Tuesday, January 12, 2010

LDS Research - 01/12/10

The Ireland Beginning Research Series introduces key principles and processes for conducting research on Irish ancestors. It includes helpful tips on how to find and use records and sources for Irish research. The series includes the following 5 classes:

· Church Records
· Civil Registration
· Immigration Part 1: Strategies
· Immigration Part 2: Famine/Post Famine Sources
· Immigration Part 3: Ulster/Scots Irish Sources

I didn't even know these classes were offered so it was pretty neat to find them.

3 comments:

  1. Alice, did you know that you can embed a link under a title in your blog by typing the site name, i.e. Family Search, highlighting that name and then clicking on the link button and entering the URL there? When you are composing your blog, look for the toolbar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered how to do that! I will have to try and see if I can figure it out. Thanks for letting me know. Do you know how to set it up so I receive an email if someone comments on my blog post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link. I like what you've done with your blog. I'm a little intimated by my Irish roots. I think I will have a very difficult time researching them.I need to study up on the Irish : )

    ReplyDelete