Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sentimental Sunday - 02/07/10

I thought about waiting to post this next Sunday since it is Valentine's Day but I decided to go ahead and post it now to give you something to think about this week.  I was looking through my mother's scrapbook and found this poem.  Mom kept the scrapbook before she met and married my Dad.  My mom, Margaret FERGUSON graduated from high school in 1942 and she married my Dad in 1945.  I am pretty sure she was about 19-21 years old when she put the scrapbook together.  I believe this poem was written by an admirer of hers.  I looked on the internet and didn't find it so I think it could be an original poem but I don't know for sure.  If you find it somewhere, let me know and I will edit my post.  I can't quite make out the next to the last line of the poem so maybe you will have better luck.  Let me know and I can edit the post for that too!

I remember my mom telling me she almost married someone before they left for the war but the guy's mother wouldn't sign the paperwork (he wasn't 21 yet).  I will post it like it is written as best as I can read it.
Hope you enjoy it:

                          Like a Angel.
You are like a Angel.
     With a heart as true as gold.
Your voice is like the Sun
     That sprays light upon a Soul.

Your Eyes are like the Stars
     That throws there ray of cheers
Your lips so soft and tender
     That gave Love & Kisses in our
        tender years.

Your Hair is soft and wavy.
     And your laughter soft and fine
Your the most blessed Angel.
     A boy could ever find.

And when the War is over.
     And our lives begin again
Wellive know the way to start.
     To make our live's, "Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment